Kitchen & Bathroom Renovation
Get your Kitchen and Bathroom renovated by changing just knobs
Are you bored? Do you feel like you need to change something in your home? Well, why not change two things in your home to make your home feel like new. Trust me you are going to love this change!
You simply need to appreciate DIY and re-trying decorations and you can actually change any household item into something that is ideal for your home.
You just have to enjoy DIY and redoing furnishings and you can literally change any piece of furniture into something that is perfect for your home. Even if you are not a DIY person, this article will show you the easiest way that you can do to give your kitchen an uplifting look. Change the old knobs to the sparkly glass kitchen knobs.
We will show you how you can change the look of your kitchen and your bathroom (The two most important areas of your house) only changing a small factor. However, the procedures will be similar but we will break down each system for you to easily understand and follow the instructions.
That is all you need to do to give it a new look, and it’s cheap as well. So let’s get on it.
You will just need a few materials to do both of this DIY project:
1. Glass knobs (From any store you like)
2. Screw Driver and nuts
3. Power Drill
4. A Single color paint of your choice
5. Sand Paper
The glass knobs we used look like these:
Why Glass Knobs?
It just feels better and look sparkly. That should be enough to make you change your old knobs to Glass knobs.
If you want to see your kitchen get a new makeover, then this simple DIY will help you achieve that. You will realize soon that kitchen cupboards are the ideal canvas for quick and amusing to do DIY ventures. You will experience passionate feelings for your cupboards after you leave on at least one of these little ventures, each intended to expand your creativeness with lesser cost and effort.
This article is brings you the easiest way to do give an uplifting look to your kitchen cabinets. That is change the old knobs with the new shiny glass knobs.
We will be prepping before we apply paint.
Any type of kitchen cabinet will do. Such as this one in the picture given below-
The steps are as follows:
· If you intend to supplant the vanity best and sink, evacuate these also for less demanding access and less covering later.
· If the cabinet has working drawers, expel them from the cabinet.
· Then unscrew the cabinet fronts, where conceivable, and complete them independently.
· Use trisodium phosphate (TSP) and a cleaning cushion or wipe the surfaces to be painted.
· Rinse no less than twice with new water and a wipe.
· For wood surfaces secured by an unmistakable complete, sand with 220-coarseness sandpaper to evacuate any shine.
· Reach into within corners of the cabinet boards and openings of any embellishment.
· For already painted surfaces, evacuate any free or harmed paint.
· Sand to plume the edges of the paint with the exposed wood and apply a latex groundwork to the uncovered spots.
· For melamine or thermofoil-secured surfaces regular on cabinet sides and a few entryways, watch that the plastic film is immovably clung to the material underneath.
· If not, consider evacuating the majority of the film by utilizing a warmth weapon to relax the glue.
· After the film is gone, utilize a cloth with liquor or mineral spirits to wipe off the cement.
· If the film is solidly attached to the support, sand it delicately with 220-coarseness sandpaper until the point that the surface ends up dull.
· For all surfaces, vacuum any sanding dust and wipe the surfaces clean with a delicate soggy material.
· Use painter’s tape to cover off the underside of the vanity top, bordering dividers, floor and within face of the cupboard outline.
Painting on a plane surface is quite easy. If you do not like the color of your kitchen cabinets, one coat of paint can make all the difference.
1. Before any painting job, you need to remove all the connectors of the cabinet and remove all the knobs.
2. The surface of the hardware needs to be clean. So, clean it thoroughly. It is easier to put primer on a wooden base, so, it should not be a problem for you.
3. Always remember to paint in the same direction, do not start zigzag styles. Give the strokes from one direction only.
After you are done with the painting, you need to dry them for a couple of hours and then it should be ready again!
There are a few steps to follow and you will give your kitchen drawers and cabinets a face lifting just by replacing the knobs.
After the pain is dried, we will be changing the knobs now. Steps are explained for your easy understanding. Let us the see the steps below-
Remove the old one
Start by pulling the screws from the doorknob. The screws will be situated on the inside the entryway. On the off chance that your doorknob has screws on the cover plates, evacuate those to release the old knob. If not, search for a little opening with a metal piece in favor of the handle. At that point, utilize a clasp or the key from the new doorknob to push in on the metal piece as show in the picture. That should make the doorknob loosen up.
Get rid of the Plate
Draw off the doorknob to uncover the plate underneath. Search for a space in the plate along the crease where it rams into the entryway. Wedge a flathead screwdriver in the space and after that give the plate a half turn to pop it off.
Remove the Old Screws
After removing the plate, you’ll see the screws you should expel with a power penetrate. Expel the old hook by taking out the screws with a power penetrate or screwdriver.
Install the New Glass knobs
Depending on your door, you may need to adjust the backset, the distance between the edge of the door and the center of the doorknob. Most doorknobs can accommodate different backsets.
Reverse the removal procedure to install the new doorknob. In most cases, the holes for the new doorknob will match your existing holes. If it does not match, you need to put some wood putty before the paint session.
Screw the new latch in, setting the screws by hand first and then tightening them with a power drill. Set the doorknobs in place, set the screws by hand, and then tighten. Do not over-tighten the screws or you’ll bind the doorknob.
Now, test the knobs and see if it lock properly and turn as expected.
Here is the outcome:
Few tips to keep in mind:
· Always buy extra, be it knobs or screws. It will come in handy in the future.
· Buy the glass knobs which you feel will be comfortable to use.
· The size matters here, so you need to understand, if you need bigger or smaller knobs before buying a bunch of them.
· Make sure to wait after you give e first coat of paint. If you would like your cabinets to pop up, a second coat can do the job.
If you are too tired to start the bathroom renovation right away, then give it some rest, take some time off. It is good to take a few breaks. May be after a day or two you start doing your bathroom vanity. Bathrooms are an important part of our life, research even shows that a certain portion of our lifetimes is spent in the bathroom. So, having a nice and tidy bathroom will not be that bad, right? At least for me it is a must to have my bathroom look gorgeous as rest of my home.
So, after you took some rest, let us regain our energy and start working. We will try to update the vanity that stay inside your bathroom. It is the rule of thumb to pain first and then change your desired part of the furniture. So, earlier we did it with our kitchen cabinets, now we will be doing it for the vanity. Since, it is a smaller furniture, and it might have some glass on the small doors, it should not take us more than a few hours.
So the vanity door looks like this in my case-
Therefore, the first thing here would be removing the knob. You also need to remember here, if you want to replace the cabinet knobs and pulls but the new hardware won’t fit the old holes, now’s the time to fill the existing holes with wood putty and sand smooth before priming.
After the first step, and repainting it should look something like this.
Redo the previous steps (See the kitchen updating)
Some additional tips for you to keep your bathroom cleaner for long time.
1. Keep it Dry –Nothing is like a dry shower. It will never make molds of any kind grow. Hang a squeegee over the shower head and make it a decide that the last one to clean up wipes down the dividers, tub, and shower entryways. A couple additional minutes of work can truly limit cleaning time over the long haul.
You can likewise rapidly destroy dampness by opening a window and turning on the fumes fan while showering. Leaving the entryway open, even a break, causes it scatter. What’s more, bear in mind to extend the shower shade open when it dries, as well.
2. Coat a water repellent paint- We like EnduroShield or RainX. They help water, minerals, and cleanser filth globule up and keep running off, so there’s less for you to scour away.
3. Skip bar cleanser at the sink-Utilize a fluid cleanser with a pump or an even sans hands cleanser allocator. Taking out the foul cleanser dish with enable your sink and ledge to stay cleaner.
4. Organize the cabinets- On the off chance that you commit spots for beauty care products and hair apparatuses in your solution bureau or vanity, they can be can be buried yet stay inside reach. A messiness free counter in a split second influences a lavatory to look and feel cleaner.
5. Introduce adequate towel bars- Towels will dry even more rapidly and your washroom will look tidier when you hang them over a bar. No divider space? Consider an over-the-entryway towel bar or snares.
6. Reach for durable cleaners- You will discover various cleaners in the market; pick the one that you generally utilize. These recipes help sinks, tubs, and toilets oppose stains for up to seven days.
7. Reserve sanitizing cleaning wipes – Along these lines, you can rapidly destroy toothpaste splatters, watermarks, and different wrecks when you see them, and they will not have an opportunity to dry. We additionally like the new tap-and-clean items from Lysol or Clorox; they are incredible for spot cleaning.
8. Used dryer sheets storage- You can utilize them again. Yes, to rapidly and effortlessly catch hair and tidy bunnies from the floor without dragging out the vacuum cleaner, the dryer sheets will save you from dragging the vacuum cleaner every time it happens.
Hopefully, this article will help you renovate your home, especially your kitchen and the bathroom vanity changes will definitely shine brighter than before.